Off to ALA Midwinter!

Hello, darlings! This afternoon I will be travelling to Seattle, Land of Librarians, to be present for the ALA Youth Media Awards announcement tomorrow morning, and to give a little Speech of Gratitude with the other Morris nominees a couple hours after that. I’m the only Morris nominee who will be there in person, I understand, which is too bad because I would have liked to meet the others. Ah well, another time.

Anyone interested in watching the award announcement live, here’s the link. The link to the link, really, not the webcast itself. The presentation is at 8am PST, and I’ll be up for it, win or lose, rain or shine.

Given that it’s Seattle, rain is quite likely.

10 Comments on “Off to ALA Midwinter!”

1. Anne Dickey says:

hmm. theo and i could conceivably watch this! at 10 central we are usually still at home.

2. My friend Kim is attending ALA Midwinter. Not sure if she’s staying through Monday, but I’ll tell her to watch for you.

3. Rick Santman says:

Howdy Rachel!

Found your site from a link off Pam Bliss’ blog.

Delighted to see you’re still makin’ stuff up and writing it down!

(Now I gotta run down copies of all your stuff….)

Rick

4. Melissa Posten says:

RACHEL!!! Congrats on the Morris Award!! So well deserved!

5. Judy Steuer says:

Congratulations, Rachel. Your ability with words astounded me when you were two, so I knew you had it in you! Your old back door neighbor in Lexington,
    Judy

6. Congratulations!!!!!! Seraphina was one of my favorite reads of last year. I read an ARC, but I’m planning to buy it when the re-issued hardcover comes out next month! One of those books you can re-read over and over. Especially any scene with Orma.

7. Geraldine says:

Congratulations on your win! Incidentally, the best audiobook I listened to this year.

8. Rick Santman says:

WOO WOO! Congrats on copping the William C. Morris Award!

…and to think that I knew her in her salad days….

9. Jarryd Ladhams. says:

Kind of off this topic, but I can’t wait to see the stuff you’ve got lined up on Lytherus.com.

10. Trinity says:

Congrats, Rachel. I knew those librarians would come through for you! Trinity

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 440 other followers