Tess of the Road: the ARC is real!

I know, I know, it’s been forever. Twice forever, in all honesty. But things are moving, and I have news now, so here I am. My next book, Tess of the Road, is coming out at the end of February, 2018! The early advanced readers’ copy is out now (there will be another ARC once the cover is officially official — stay tuned!)

I don’t have a copy yet, but my agent does and he took some pictures:

Tess ARC

Here’s the special ARC intro letter I wrote (won’t be in the final book) —

Tess ARC intro

And a shot of page 1, just to tease you:

Tess ARC page1

That’s it for now! More soon, I hope. I’d say that I’m going to try not to be a stranger, but we all know I’m naturally stranger and so such a promise would be utterly futile.

8 Comments on “Tess of the Road: the ARC is real!”

1. Sally Epp says:

Hooray!

2. veeshee says:

That’s amazing! I am so looking forward to reading this novel, hopefully as an ARC, but definitely as a book I buy when it comes out!

3. badzmaru says:

Great news. I can’t wait to read it. I just reread “Seraphina” again. I hope to see read of Seraphina and Captain Kiggs in the future.

4. Jackie Dana says:

That’s excellent! I am so very excited about reading it. How can we get on your advance reader team? 🙂

• At this stage of the game, they usually get sent out to librarians, booksellers, and reviewers. You can apply directly to Random House, or there’s a service called Eidelweiss that gets ARCs to people. Not sure this book is listed there yet, though. After we’ve finally got a cover, I think it will be.

5. ccreich says:

Oh, how exciting! I can’t wait to read it. It makes me miss the long-ago days when I worked in a bookstore, and had a chance of getting my hands on an ARC. Well, February will be here before I know it; I can’t believe it’s almost July!

6. Oh, yay! I’m so excited to read this!

7. ellie says: