Hello, 2012! Hello, cover!

I have things to say and stories to tell, but for now, I think I’m gonna let this baby speak for itself:

That’s our North American cover, friends. I seriously can’t stop staring at it. Stories tomorrow, I promise.

27 Comments on “Hello, 2012! Hello, cover!”

1. Paige Morgan says:

Ooooh! It’s gorgeous! I do love line drawings; I really, really do.

2. Brian says:

Hey, NICE cover! I’m partial to woodcuts on covers, and that gives me a totally different feel for the book. Can’t wait to read it.

3. Sally says:

It’s wonderful! And so different from everything you see in the bookstores right now. How exciting!

4. Scott says:

That looks like exactly the kind of dragon I’d like to shoot an arrow at.

5. Phoebe says:

What I love best is the placement of the letter “S”–it kind of becomes the dragon’s tail. SO COOL!

6. Sister Laura says:

Where do they get these images? I assume there is an artist behind this… will s/he get credit? (It seems like on some books the artist gets credit and on others they don’t… so I’m curious what accounts for the difference). And of course, yes, I love it! It puts the focus on the worldbuilding, I think, rather than on Seraphina herself, which is great, because the title already focuses on her.

7. Layla Lawlor says:

Oh, Rachel, that’s simply gorgeous! How exciting!

8. Tall Kate says:

Yay! It looks great. Love it!!

9. Amy says:

I love it because it looks like Goredd!

10. Chelsea says:

I just keep doing a double take when I see your name on this (and the UK) cover. I think, hey, I know her! and then I realize, hey, it’s your book! Can’t wait to read it!

11. Kate C. says:

Very unique cover. I like that woodcut look. 🙂

12. Isabella says:

It’s really gorgeous, Rachel! Now everyone’s going to want their own copy of your book!

13. Rachel, that is absolutely, astonishingly gorgeous. Congratulations, m’dear.

14. […] cover is so old-school gorgeous that it’s turning my excitement up to 11. PLUS, according to Rachel herself, the cover is actually a FOR REAL woodblock print. Like, someone carved this awesome into a piece of […]

15. Acoustic Rob says:

Oh, gosh, that’s quite a cover. Looking good!

16. Caryl says:

That is a beautiful cover! I’m really looking forward to reading it (and sharing with my 12-year-old daughter, who is a big fan of dragons.) I found your blog when looking up info on Amy Unbounded, which I loved. Thank you for your work!

17. Debbie says:

Very nice. Somehow I feel like a David Macaulay companion book about Seraphina’s world should now be issued as well…

18. Caitlin says:

This is spectacular, and would be awesome as a piece of (fake) scrimshaw.