I’m not one to waste a world

Just to answer a question I’ve been seeing frequently and to provide some reassurance once I’ve answered it:

YES, Shadow Scale is the conclusion to Seraphina’s story. Everything wraps up, perhaps not entirely tidily, but in satisfactory and life-like fashion.

HOWEVER, let this not be a source of sadness for you. Goredd won’t just disappear. Indeed, those who have been with me since my comic book days, before Seraphina, know that Goredd and I have been together a very long time. It’s an enormous world, I love it, and I am going to set more books there. I am already working on the next one (I’m about 85K words into it, in fact).

The world came first, and the world goes on.

12 Comments on “I’m not one to waste a world”

1. YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

2. Quenby Morrow says:

So happy!

3. andreablythe says:

I love Goredd and I’m glad to hear that it will live on. 🙂

4. FJSeegler says:

You are brilliant! I cannot wait to get to see more of your writing and world. Thank you so much for your hard work!! ❤

5. Enna says:

Yay! The new book has as many words as the second Harry Potter book.

6. amo says:

Just finished reading SERAPHINA, and I’m so happy I won’t have to wait more than a day to keep reading her story! I’m so looking forward to SHADOW SCALE – after reading this post more than ever.

7. Dame-Amaryllis says:

Would you be so kind as to tell us if this new book you are writing is about a character we know, and if so, perhaps even who?
    Pretty Please?

8. annsimeoli says:

I am so sad for Seriphina’s storey to have ended. But I am grateful for having had the pleasure to take that journey with her. I hope we hear from her again someday. Great job Rachel!

9. […] And that makes me sure I’ll be back to visit Goredd, or any of the other countries Hartman’s created. I’m not sure when, but I will be back. Thankfully, even though this is the last one concerning Seraphina specifically, Hartman has said she’s “not one to waste a world.” […]